Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Petite Moment: Never Forget


As I am sure all of you know, today marks the 11th anniversary of the terrible tragedy of 9/11. I remember when I was eating lunch in 1st grade and the lunch ladies turned on the TV and watched in horror. I didn't know what was happening as they dismissed us all to our parents. When I got home, my mom and I watched the news. She was crying and I wasn't really sure why. Then I saw the buildings crash down and fire and people just running away. It really scared me and I will never be able to forget this day! My heart goes out to all the families of the victims and the survivors. The United States has not been the same since this happened. There has been a loss of trust in just about everyone. Hopefully, everyone can take a moment out of their lives and just think and pray for those people who were affected. No person in the world deserved for this to happen! Hopefully this will give you time to be thankful for the families you have and appreciate their presence. As the picture says above "Never Forget." 

-Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment