Sunday, September 16, 2012

Top 10 Fall Trends

This fall there are so many trends to experiment with! From girly pieces to military pieces, there is something out there to please almost every taste. So without further ado, let's get started. 

1. Prints on prints.


I absolutely love how Kim from Eat.Sleep.Wear. paired a lighter polka dot blouse with navy blue and white polka dot pants. They really compliment each other and I also really love her silver strappy shoes. This look is a really subtle way to wear head to toe print without looking too flashy. 

2. Leather


Well, let's keep the polka dots going shall we?(I love polka dots.) I love how the leather shorts give this feminine top a little edge. You can wear leather pants/leggings, leather blouses, leather skirts, leather jackets, or if you're extra bold, leather everything! There are endless possibilities with this trend! So don't be afraid and just try it!

3. Maroon(the color of the season) 

 
I am loving maroon this season! And when I say loving, I mean more like obsessing! I am stocking up on basically everything maroon colored, from pants to sweaters to scarves! This whole outfit above is like the best fall outfit I have ever seen! I LOVE the maroon pleated skirt! Basically, there are no words to describe this except for perfection. 

4. Metallics


  Metallics were a big thing on the runway. From coppers, to golds, to silvers, the possibilities are endless! I especially like the metallic pants because they give a little shimmer to an otherwise plain outfit. I would pair a metallic bottom with a black collared shirt and black booties, so the pants can be the star of your outfit. Metallics aren't for everyone but it's worth a shot!

5. Military Inspired


  
I absolutely love military inspired clothing! The colors of military clothing are perfect for fall because they are neutral. If you don't want to go head to toe military, you can wear a structured jacket with big golden buttons, this will give a cool edge to an outfit. 

6. Color Blocking

 
Color blocking has translated itself to fall. You can color block with your favorite fall colors and look amazing! I love this look above because she is paring a sweater-like blouse with red/maroon pants! This look basically pairs a lot of falls trends in one and makes it look effortless and classic. I would also like to add that structured bags are also a big trend for fall. And if its green like the one above, even better.

7. Tweed Jackets

 
When I think of tweed jackets, I only think of one thing. Chanel. Tweed jackets are a classic piece that everyone should own. Tweed jackets add sophistication to any outfit. You can wear it with jeans and a tee and look put together. 

8. Denim on Denim

 Denim on denim looks amazing, if done right. When trying this trend, be sure to wear 2 different shades of denim (I suggest light top, dark bottom.) Adding a colorful accessory such as a chunky necklace will add a much needed pop of color. 

9. Peplum

 Peplum is another trend that has transitioned into fall. Peplum can flatter every type of body type because it makes your waist look smaller. I love how Anna from SeeJane. paired a peplum top with slouchy boyfriend jeans and ankle strap heels! Her peplum top adds structure to her boyfriend jeans. Also, isn't that Givenchy bag amazing? 

10. Menswear

   Last, but certainly not least we have menswear. This trend has been a big thing on the runway. You can easily wear menswear by wearing a blazer or a trouser (together or separate.) To add a little feminine touch you can buy these pieces in soft colors and prints. I love this Miu Miu suit in the picture above. The blue color is divine (its a jewel tone, which is good for fall) and I love the blouse that is paired with it. 

I hope you guys enjoyed this post and if you try out any of these trends please leave a comment below! 

Have a fabulous week!
-Emily

 

4 comments:

  1. Definitely loving peplums right now, they're so flattering on everybody! And the variety of styles just means I never get bored of them.

    I did a post on peplums last week actually, maybe you'd like to read it? All indie shops and designers as well, link is http://secretcarousel.blogspot.com/2012/09/each-peach-peplum.html

    Julia x
    http://secretcarousel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely agree and I love them too! Thanks for reading and commenting! I will definitely read the post!

      -Emily

      Delete
  2. Great trends! I love your blog, I am having so much fun reading it! I would love it if you could check out mine at www.foreverfuchsia.com and maybe follow? Thank you so much, and thanks for the trend tips!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I truly appreciate your lovely feedback! I will definitely check out your blog! And you are so very welcome for the tips! Thanks for reading our blog!

      Delete